Thursday 27 October 2016

Weta Visitiors

28/10/16

On Wednesday, the 26th of October 2016, we had visitors came to Room 15 to teach us about Weta's DNA, they marched in, we stopped and watched in complete silence, then the visitors introduced themselves and set up the the things they needed for the weta DNA testing. Visitors from South Sci, MBIE  and Curious Minds were there to watch. Miss Zeier put us into two groups. One group went up to the table and put on the science  coats, while we were putting on the coats group two had to finish their slideshow about Weta.

Soon after that, Stephane  (one of the visitors - a scientist from Unitec) showed us what to do, then we followed. The weta poop smelled really horrible but I got used to it, I don’t know what most of the things were called because I forgot. So we had to mix the poop and put chemicals in it. It went into the DNA extractor and it spun around, then we had to swap over and do our slideshows but I was finished so I got to take photos of everyone (even videos ). Some people got an interview while Stephane was teaching group two the last few steps of the weta DNA.  I had a great time, it was soo much fun!!!!!
IMG_0123.JPG

By Sativa